Carerunner Research Team

When you ask general questions about caregiving issues, the CareRunner staff tracks down local experts to help get the info you need.

Share |
Dear CareRunner,
My mother is on Social Security and has a limited pension. Where can we find help in purchasing incontinence products?

As with many questions, we checked with the local council on aging to get their perspective. Local aging councils are always a great resource in helping you with the caregiving process. In the case of finding incontinence products, you should know that each state maintains a list of local providers that may provide real convenience for you. There are also a number of helpful links posted on our Incontinence Products page. In either case you'll need to do some comparative shopping to get the best price.

The most important information to note is that incontinence products are sometimes covered by Medicaid. That may be an option not just for this issue but for others as well. If you have more questions, please contact your local council on aging. Most counties have a local aging council, which you can find on the internet or in your local yellow pages.